About SnapPay & Snaplii
SnapPay, a Toronto-based fintech firm known for its innovative payment solutions that revolutionized the payment industry in North America. Our services have successfully enabled North American merchants to accept digital payments from consumers and allow merchants to expand their customer base across various industries.
We are a highly motivated and result-driven team that always strives to make things happen. SnapPay strongly believes in cultivating individuals that have a purpose and are energized by their passions. While continuously expanding our market share, we have successfully onboarded more than four thousand merchants including Tier One merchants within the past three years.
The Digital Wallet Snaplii powered by SnapPay is to provide an innovative digital membership management service that can support users to enjoy one-stop membership benefits and convenient payment, and enhance the marketing effects of businesses. We’re creating a meaningful environment to help merchants grasp new member information anytime and anywhere, and help users feel a safe, smooth and useful membership experience.
About the Role
We are looking for a Risk Control Specialist who is responsible for partnering with the relevant business group to manage and mitigate current and emerging risk exposures associated with current products and activities. You’ll work closely with product, data & analytics teams and will interact with business stakeholders across many departments.
- Design and implement the risk system, scorecards, and risk analytics models to support multiple business lines;
- Detect and integrate internal/external data sources;
- Collaborate with data teams to build data infrastructures and establish reporting dashboards that will help senior management understand credit risk trends and exposures
- Construct whole core system with the product team, make risk system part of core system in the most efficient and flexible way;
- Monitor data, can improve released features and long-term system structure from data performance;
- Responsible for the user experience of risk system frontend interface;
- Contributes to the design of business-specific risk controls/processes in partnership with business development and operations team and execution of relevant remediation plans to address any control weaknesses or gaps;
- Leads implementation of complex and strategic initiatives with moderate risk and complexity related to risk control
- 5+ years of risk system design experience in banks or fintech companies
- Excellent in understanding and utilizing the rule engine and flow engine platform, familiar with classic modelling methods and tools, including but not limited to SAS, R, SQL, Tableau.
- Strong organizational and analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to resourcefully gather information, analyze critically and communicate clearly
- Solid experience with strong risk control design and execution
- Proactive self-starter who values personal accountability and thrives under pressures in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Creative problem-solver and business-oriented risk modelling partner
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills both with the business team and tech team
- Fluent in Mandarin and English