About SnapPay & Snaplii
SnapPay, a Toronto-based fintech firm known for its innovative payment solutions that revolutionized the payment industry in North America. Our services have successfully enabled North American merchants to accept digital payments from consumers and allow merchants to expand their customer base across various industries.
We are a highly motivated and result-driven team that always strives to make things happen. SnapPay strongly believes in cultivating individuals that have a purpose and are energized by their passions. While continuously expanding our market share, we have successfully onboarded more than four thousand merchants including Tier One merchants within the past three years.
The Digital Wallet Snaplii powered by SnapPay is to provide an innovative digital membership management service that can support users to enjoy one-stop membership benefits and convenient payment, and enhance the marketing effects of businesses. We’re creating a meaningful environment to help merchants grasp new member information anytime and anywhere, and help users feel a safe, smooth and useful membership experience.
About the Role
We are looking for entry-level Java Developers to join our development team. You will be responsible for the development of the new product as well as the maintenance of and enhancements to the existing product. The role will effectively communicate with the team to uncover immediate/future needs, will convey those results to our clients in a meaningful way, and will deliver solutions in a proactive, fast-paced, client-service-driven development environment.
- Participate in the construction and maintenance of the Java project framework, develop high concurrency and distributed systems, and maintain the existing systems.
- Participate in the discussion and compilation of the project implementation plan, complete the preparation of the project requirements, outline, detailed design, and other documents.
- Responsible for the project subsystem or module design and coding.
- Responsible for core business system optimization, to ensure system security, quality, and performance.
- Responsible to deliver SnapPay (Alipay strategic partners) system, a high concurrent and stable payment system to hundreds of thousands of merchants.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Participating in project planning and solution proposals.
- Translating designer mock-ups and wireframes into code.
- Implementing high quality unit tests. Performing peer code review to meet program quality targets. Identifying and diagnosing deficiencies related to systems, code, and infrastructure.
- Drafting system documentation for a wide variety of purposes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer engineering.
- Demonstrated development skills in Spring boot.
- Familiar with OOP and design patterns.
- Experience with designing & developing Restful web services with Spring mvc or Spring webflux.
- Good at MySQL or other relational databases and good SQL skills
- Must be performance-driven and able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.